My teacher says I have to find a magazine or newspaper article in print format only. Help!
The library does have a limited number of print magazines and newspapers in the library.
- We keep the current month plus one month.
- Newspapers cannot be checked out of the library but you can use them in the library building.
- Back issues of current magazines may be kept either one year or four years, depending on the title of the magazine. Contact the library to check on a particular issue. The general rule is that popular magazines are kept the current year +1 year, and the scholarly/trade magazines are kept a current +4 years.
- Magazines (except the current issue) can be checked out of the library for three weeks and can be renewed.
- Overdue magazines are fined $.10 cents per day per item.
The library’s general check out policy is that you can have a TOTAL of 30 items out at any one time, which includes magazines.
If you have any questions about a certain item or if something is available in print format, please contact the library’s Reference Desk (847-214-7354) or the Circulation Desk (847-214-7337) for assistance.